Monday, April 28, 2014

Poll #1: Candy Bars We Have Known

Time for some audience participation! 

A few days ago, I was thinking back to the 1960s, when I would spend a lot of time stuffing my face with Hershey Bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Dots, and many other candies. We lived a few hundred feet from a Mom & Pop store, so there was a seemingly endless supply of candy, soda, popsicles, Tastykakes, and baseball cards, as long as our allowance held up.

I thought I would post a poll, to rank our favorite candy bars from back in the day. Vote for as many as you want (but don’t vote for all of them, otherwise the poll is moot). Let’s try to keep it around 10 items.

As a kid, I was particularly impressed with the TV commercials for Rolo and Sky Bar. On TV, the tops of the Rolo candies actually opened up (like the hatch on top of a submarine), so they could pour the filling inside! The Sky Bar featured 4 different candy bars in one! Neither of these two candy bars were usually available in my area, but I’m voting for the Sky Bar anyway, because on the rare occasion when I would have one, it was always a good day. If I chose an 11th candy bar, I think Rolo would make the cut, but I’m keeping it at 10.

This poll is for candy bars only. A future poll will tackle all the box/pack/roll/bag candy. Feel free to comment if you wish. If I forgot any candy bars, tell me that also. (Twix is a relatively new candy bar, and was intentionally left out.)


Not to influence the voting, but I needed something to appear as a thumbnail on others' sidebars:

No comments:

Post a Comment